Police need info on near-fatal hit-and-run in SE Houston
HOUSTON -- Detectives are reaching out to the public for information about the driver who struck a woman stranded on the side of the Gulf Freeway and just kept driving.
It happened around 4:40am on August 5, 2012 in the southbound lanes of the 13700 block of the Gulf Freeway.
A car stranded on the shoulder of the highway had just caught fire, and a 20-year-old passenger inside exited it. But as she walked around to the driver's side of the burning car, she was struck by another vehicle.
The victim was seriously injured but the driver who struck her never stopped to help. She was transported to an area hospital and has since recovered.
However, investigators still have no new information regarding the suspect driver or vehicle.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at (713) 222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 51 min ago
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers 16 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 32 min ago
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water...
6 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos