Police need info on near-fatal hit-and-run in SE Houston
HOUSTON -- Detectives are reaching out to the public for information about the driver who struck a woman stranded on the side of the Gulf Freeway and just kept driving.
It happened around 4:40am on August 5, 2012 in the southbound lanes of the 13700 block of the Gulf Freeway.
A car stranded on the shoulder of the highway had just caught fire, and a 20-year-old passenger inside exited it. But as she walked around to the driver's side of the burning car, she was struck by another vehicle.
The victim was seriously injured but the driver who struck her never stopped to help. She was transported to an area hospital and has since recovered.
However, investigators still have no new information regarding the suspect driver or vehicle.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at (713) 222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos