Merced woman arrested for elder abuse
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A case of elder abuse is under investigation in Merced.
Police arrested Rosie Miller for elder abuse and theft by false pretense.
According to police, Miller is accused of targeting elderly men and attempting to convince them to give her money.
One accuser told police Miller met with him and claimed to be with his doctor's office. He took her to his bank and attempted to withdraw $350.00 for her.
Police say she is suspected of convincing another person to rent a car, which she later totaled. The victim is now responsible for those damages.
crimetracker, merced, merced county, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos