Judge ruled life without parole in North Valley homicide
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A judge sentenced two men to life in prison without parole Friday.
The men were charged for the 2008 shootings of two dairy barn workers near Chowchilla.
In April, jurors found Jesus Flores and Jose Ventura guilty of attempted murder and for the execution style murder of 18-year-old Alberto Ivan Torres.
Authorities said the crime was committed during a robbery. The victim's mother spoke to the court through a Spanish interpreter Friday and said her family will never be the same.
Torres father also passed away after his son was murdered.
chowchilla, north valley, homicide, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno