Fresno man missing near San Luis Obispo
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man has officially been declared missing and presumed dead.
Twenty-one-year-old Stefan Wagner was swimming in Spooner's Cove near San Luis Obispo Thursday, and when he dove beneath the surface he never came back up.
Search and Rescue teams scoured the area, which is inside the Montana De Oro State Park. But they called off the search at nightfall.
Wagner's father said he is a great swimmer. The Cal Poly student played water polo in high school and often body-surfed. Wagner also used to dive for abalone and lobster.
The area he was last seen is notoriously treacherous. Another Cal Poly student went missing near Spooner's cove back in 2006.
missing person, local
- Sheriff: Suspect in Colorado school shooting dead 10 min ago
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 7 min ago
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- abcnews: Paul Ryan Says Presidential Ambitions Not...
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam
- California prostitutes win victim compensation
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment