New wildfire burning in Mariposa County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new wildfire is burning in Mariposa County.
This fire is not far from the Carstens fire that started last weekend. The fire started around 3 p.m. near Stumpfield Mountain Road and Watt Road. It has burned at least 10 acres, and is 20 percent contained. The CHP closed Stumpfield Mountain Road at Highway 49 to allow access only to emergency crews.
It's not clear yet if any structures are threatened.Stay tuned to Action News and abc30.com for updates about the fire.
widlfire, mariposa county, local
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 50 min ago
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 19 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 26 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies