New wildfire burning in Mariposa County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new wildfire is burning in Mariposa County.
This fire is not far from the Carstens fire that started last weekend. The fire started around 3 p.m. near Stumpfield Mountain Road and Watt Road. It has burned at least 10 acres, and is 20 percent contained. The CHP closed Stumpfield Mountain Road at Highway 49 to allow access only to emergency crews.
It's not clear yet if any structures are threatened.Stay tuned to Action News and abc30.com for updates about the fire.
widlfire, mariposa county, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos