Carstens Fire 90 percent contained
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Carstens Fire that started on Sunday after someone left a campfire unattended, has burned more than 1,700 acres, and is now 90 percent contained
All evacuees were allowed to return home on Thursday. But crews are still in the area, mopping up hot spots and monitoring the fire lines. Crews are also repairing road damage from the heavy firefighting traffic.
mariposa county, fire, local
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter 28 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"