Sheriff investigates 3 recent murders in Merced County
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced County Sheriff's Office announced Monday that it is investigating two recent murders.
Two of these murders include the death of a teenager. Sheriff's deputies are looking for 16-year-old Ryan Suarez. Authorities say he gunned down a 15-year-old near Dos Palos Sunday because of a gang rivalry. Monday Action News also learned about the arrests of two suspects accused of killing a Le Grand man last week.
Yellow crime tape was tied around the library at South Dos Palos Park Monday. Sheriff Mark Pazin said that one teenager murdered another teenager at the South Dos Palos Park Saturday afternoon. The victim has been identified as 15-year-old John Carlos Juarez, and investigators believe the deadly shooting was gang-related.
" It's just nonsense, it's over some different colors, different numbers, it's ridiculous," said Pazin
Valerie Portillo lives nearby with her young children and heard the gunfire.
"I never let my kids go over to the park, even though it's right here, I never let them go over there, it's too scary," said Portillo.
Detectives are still searching for the 16-year-old suspect in this homicide. Bur authorities have arrested two men for another murder in Le Grand. Sheriff Pazin said Manuel Cuevas died from blunt force trauma after a fight on June 17. The 28-year-old Fresno State Graduate made it home, but never woke up.
Mayra Cuevas said her brother grew up with the two suspects, and she's shocked by the deadly fight. Steven Oseguera is now being held without bail. And Ricardo Leyva's bail is set at $1 million.
Mayra Cuevos said that a medical condition may have played a role in her brother's death.
merced county, dos palos, gang, murder, local, sara sandrik
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom 31 min ago
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
50 min ago
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
36 min ago