Sheriff investigates 3 recent murders in Merced County
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced County Sheriff's Office announced Monday that it is investigating two recent murders.
Two of these murders include the death of a teenager. Sheriff's deputies are looking for 16-year-old Ryan Suarez. Authorities say he gunned down a 15-year-old near Dos Palos Sunday because of a gang rivalry. Monday Action News also learned about the arrests of two suspects accused of killing a Le Grand man last week.
Yellow crime tape was tied around the library at South Dos Palos Park Monday. Sheriff Mark Pazin said that one teenager murdered another teenager at the South Dos Palos Park Saturday afternoon. The victim has been identified as 15-year-old John Carlos Juarez, and investigators believe the deadly shooting was gang-related.
" It's just nonsense, it's over some different colors, different numbers, it's ridiculous," said Pazin
Valerie Portillo lives nearby with her young children and heard the gunfire.
"I never let my kids go over to the park, even though it's right here, I never let them go over there, it's too scary," said Portillo.
Detectives are still searching for the 16-year-old suspect in this homicide. Bur authorities have arrested two men for another murder in Le Grand. Sheriff Pazin said Manuel Cuevas died from blunt force trauma after a fight on June 17. The 28-year-old Fresno State Graduate made it home, but never woke up.
Mayra Cuevas said her brother grew up with the two suspects, and she's shocked by the deadly fight. Steven Oseguera is now being held without bail. And Ricardo Leyva's bail is set at $1 million.
Mayra Cuevos said that a medical condition may have played a role in her brother's death.
merced county, dos palos, gang, murder, local, sara sandrik
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos