Fresno man allegedly steals construction equipment to start business
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have captured a suspected thief accused of stealing enough construction equipment, that he could have started his own business. And they say that's exactly what he planned to do.
Investigators say Gregory Baronian made off with more than $215,000.00 in property from various construction companies, including an excavator, backhoe, and a bulldozer.
They say he intended to start his own excavating business using the stolen equipment. Baronian is charged with 16 counts in connection with the strange heist.
Police say Baronian was arrested at a home in Northwest Fresno last week. He pleaded not guilty to the charges. His attorney says there's no evidence that Baronian stole any of the equipment.
crimetracker, court, burglary, fresno, fresno county, local, stephanie stone
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos