Fresno man allegedly steals construction equipment to start business
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have captured a suspected thief accused of stealing enough construction equipment, that he could have started his own business. And they say that's exactly what he planned to do.
Investigators say Gregory Baronian made off with more than $215,000.00 in property from various construction companies, including an excavator, backhoe, and a bulldozer.
They say he intended to start his own excavating business using the stolen equipment. Baronian is charged with 16 counts in connection with the strange heist.
Police say Baronian was arrested at a home in Northwest Fresno last week. He pleaded not guilty to the charges. His attorney says there's no evidence that Baronian stole any of the equipment.
crimetracker, court, burglary, fresno, fresno county, local, stephanie stone
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos