Clovis East teenager penned and published his own novel
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Clovis East teenager who isn't old enough to drive yet... has already penned and published his own novel.
Nathan Shelton says it took him about six to seven months to write his book: "The Mystery of Cambria".
The story is set in the quiet central coast town of Cambria. And the Clovis East sophomore says it's a murder mystery aimed at young adults.
His book hit store shelves and online shops earlier this month.
"The first pages are rough and then you start getting into it so it gets easier along the way," said Shelton. "It's time consuming. You got to think of the characters names, how can I carry this on for so long."
Shelton says he has two more sequels he would like to see get published. As for his career goals, Nathan says his real passion is acting.
clovis, fresno county, fresno, local, jason oliveira
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather