Clovis East teenager penned and published his own novel
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Clovis East teenager who isn't old enough to drive yet... has already penned and published his own novel.
Nathan Shelton says it took him about six to seven months to write his book: "The Mystery of Cambria".
The story is set in the quiet central coast town of Cambria. And the Clovis East sophomore says it's a murder mystery aimed at young adults.
His book hit store shelves and online shops earlier this month.
"The first pages are rough and then you start getting into it so it gets easier along the way," said Shelton. "It's time consuming. You got to think of the characters names, how can I carry this on for so long."
Shelton says he has two more sequels he would like to see get published. As for his career goals, Nathan says his real passion is acting.
clovis, fresno county, fresno, local, jason oliveira
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well 12 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered