Same-sex marriages to start in Fresno Monday
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Since the order to begin issuing marriage licenses for same-sex couples came down late Friday afternoon.
Valley couples will have to wait until Monday to apply.
Come Monday morning all 58 California counties will be issuing same-sex marriage licenses. This order from the State Department of Health arrived at the Fresno County Clerk's office at 4:30 Friday.
As news of this spread calls began to trickle into the clerks office, asking when people can come down to get their marriage licenses. Brandi Orth The Fresno County Clerk said her office is ready to begin issuing marriage license on Monday at 8:30 a.m. just as soon as the office reopens.
" Well we did have a team meeting. We are pulling in all of our employees to help us from our election side division because we want to process the crowd as efficiently as we can. So we are prepared, we will do everything we can to help them," said Orth.
The staff is expecting a large crowd Monday morning. Action News has also checked with other counties in Central California, those said they will be ready to issue the marriage licenses as well.
fresno, fresno county, gay rights, local, rick montanez
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- 1 week left in 100 Day Challenge
45 min ago