Same-sex marriages to start in Fresno Monday
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Since the order to begin issuing marriage licenses for same-sex couples came down late Friday afternoon.
Valley couples will have to wait until Monday to apply.
Come Monday morning all 58 California counties will be issuing same-sex marriage licenses. This order from the State Department of Health arrived at the Fresno County Clerk's office at 4:30 Friday.
As news of this spread calls began to trickle into the clerks office, asking when people can come down to get their marriage licenses. Brandi Orth The Fresno County Clerk said her office is ready to begin issuing marriage license on Monday at 8:30 a.m. just as soon as the office reopens.
" Well we did have a team meeting. We are pulling in all of our employees to help us from our election side division because we want to process the crowd as efficiently as we can. So we are prepared, we will do everything we can to help them," said Orth.
The staff is expecting a large crowd Monday morning. Action News has also checked with other counties in Central California, those said they will be ready to issue the marriage licenses as well.
fresno, fresno county, gay rights, local, rick montanez
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos