Deadly shooting South of Kerman
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- In Fresno County investigators were at a scene of a deadly shooting South of Kerman.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Department had a road blocked off as detectives process the murder scene. Family members say 46-year-old Antonio Reynoso was shot and killed. Deputies are trying to figure out the motive and who killed Reynoso.
The deadly shooting happened outside a small market just South of Kerman. Sandra Valdez said the man who dies is her uncle.
" When we got here, somebody told me that it was, somebody that knows him. It's just heartbreaking," Valdez said.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Department said someone called 911 around 12 p.m. Sunday. When deputies arrived moments later Reynoso was found dead outside the store.
" We have several people down there that they're interviewing down there. A suspect description has not been released," said Deputy Chris Curtice from the Fresno County Sheriff's Department " Neither has a motive for the killing."
But deputies will say Reynoso was outside the store drinking when he was shot.
" It doesn't really matter to me, whoever did this I hope they'll bring to justice, " said Valdez "There's a greater power out there and justice will prevail."
Investigators hope witness statements will lead them to the shooter. The family said Reynoso leaves behind four children, the youngest just 5-years-old.
kerman, shooting, crimetracker, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Accuweather Forecast
37 min ago