Deadly shooting South of Kerman
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- In Fresno County investigators were at a scene of a deadly shooting South of Kerman.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Department had a road blocked off as detectives process the murder scene. Family members say 46-year-old Antonio Reynoso was shot and killed. Deputies are trying to figure out the motive and who killed Reynoso.
The deadly shooting happened outside a small market just South of Kerman. Sandra Valdez said the man who dies is her uncle.
" When we got here, somebody told me that it was, somebody that knows him. It's just heartbreaking," Valdez said.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Department said someone called 911 around 12 p.m. Sunday. When deputies arrived moments later Reynoso was found dead outside the store.
" We have several people down there that they're interviewing down there. A suspect description has not been released," said Deputy Chris Curtice from the Fresno County Sheriff's Department " Neither has a motive for the killing."
But deputies will say Reynoso was outside the store drinking when he was shot.
" It doesn't really matter to me, whoever did this I hope they'll bring to justice, " said Valdez "There's a greater power out there and justice will prevail."
Investigators hope witness statements will lead them to the shooter. The family said Reynoso leaves behind four children, the youngest just 5-years-old.
kerman, shooting, crimetracker, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 33 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos