6-year-old boy dies in San Joaquin River
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police say a 6-year-old child has died after being pulled from the San Joaquin River near Santa Fe and Bluff.
Officers arrived just before 6 p.m. to find family members giving the little boy CPR. Paramedics continued trying to resuscitate the child and rushed him to Saint Agnes Medical Center, where he later died.
Police say the boy's mother had left him with other adult relatives as she went to a nearby store. When she returned family members were already performing CPR.
Stay with Action News and abc30.dot com for any updates on this breaking story.
san joaquin river, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 57 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting 25 min ago
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos