Tollhouse community grieving after teen death in Germany
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Tollhouse community is grieving over the death of a 15-year-old boy. Conor Youngclarke died while studying abroad in Germany.
"It just hasn't sunk in yet. In my mind tomorrow night is the night I am supposed to pick him up from the airport. It's going to take a long time I think," said his mother, Jean Youngclarke.
On Thursday Conor's mother got a call from the American Embassy in Germany notifying her, her son fell from a balcony and died. Early reports indicate he was trying to let some of his friends who had sneaked out, in after hours.
The teenager was a rising junior at Sierra High School. His family says he signed up for the foreign exchange program and was in Germany for about a month to better learn the language.
In a statement, the superintendent for the district said, the district, "extends its sincerest condolences to the family and friends of this student, and our heart goes out to the community during this extraordinarily difficult time."
Investigators are calling his death an accident. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
tollhouse, fresno county, clovis, local, mariana jacob
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos