Tollhouse community grieving after teen death in Germany
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Tollhouse community is grieving over the death of a 15-year-old boy. Conor Youngclarke died while studying abroad in Germany.
"It just hasn't sunk in yet. In my mind tomorrow night is the night I am supposed to pick him up from the airport. It's going to take a long time I think," said his mother, Jean Youngclarke.
On Thursday Conor's mother got a call from the American Embassy in Germany notifying her, her son fell from a balcony and died. Early reports indicate he was trying to let some of his friends who had sneaked out, in after hours.
The teenager was a rising junior at Sierra High School. His family says he signed up for the foreign exchange program and was in Germany for about a month to better learn the language.
In a statement, the superintendent for the district said, the district, "extends its sincerest condolences to the family and friends of this student, and our heart goes out to the community during this extraordinarily difficult time."
Investigators are calling his death an accident. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
tollhouse, fresno county, clovis, local, mariana jacob
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
9 min ago