Water rescue in the Kings River
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A water rescue operation has been completed in Fresno County at the Kings River.
The sheriffs water unit got two victims to shore, the two men were dazed but otherwise ok.
Sheriff's deputies say the guys were rafting down the Kings River when the rope that held their two rafts together got tangled in a tree branch. The men could not get loose and started to lose their rafts. Another member of their party called for help and one of the two sheriff's boats patrolling the Kings River got to them within 10 minutes.
Deputies had to cut the men loose and they said one of the guys was pretty close to drowning. One of the victims told me he is sure the deputies saved his life.
Anthony Morales says he has floated the Kings River for 17 years and that this was the first time he had been in any danger. Deputies say there are about 1000 people floating the river today, but so far this rescue has been the only major incident.
kings river, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- Authorities look for missing woman and daughter
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos