Water rescue in the Kings River
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A water rescue operation has been completed in Fresno County at the Kings River.
The sheriffs water unit got two victims to shore, the two men were dazed but otherwise ok.
Sheriff's deputies say the guys were rafting down the Kings River when the rope that held their two rafts together got tangled in a tree branch. The men could not get loose and started to lose their rafts. Another member of their party called for help and one of the two sheriff's boats patrolling the Kings River got to them within 10 minutes.
Deputies had to cut the men loose and they said one of the guys was pretty close to drowning. One of the victims told me he is sure the deputies saved his life.
Anthony Morales says he has floated the Kings River for 17 years and that this was the first time he had been in any danger. Deputies say there are about 1000 people floating the river today, but so far this rescue has been the only major incident.
kings river, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California 17 min ago
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Accuweather Forecast
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos