Detectives investigate a string of hold-ups near Reedley and Parlier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Detectives are investigating a string of scary hold-ups that are happening near Reedley and Parlier.
There are at least five victims and at least three different hold-ups. All the crimes are similar in nature. Crime number one was near an intersection in Reedley. A group of day laborers were waiting for a ride when the crime happened
"Two to three subjects got out with knives, robbed the individuals who were waiting for work and demanded cash and cell phones," said Sgt.Todd Lowery with the Reedley police.
Crime one as reported around 4:30 a.m. The victims held at knife point and any too scared to even report the crime. Then around 4:45 a.m. sheriff's deputies got a panicked call from a Parlier man who was stranded near Newmark and Fantz.
A car started flashing its lights, forcing the victim to pay attention
" They then passed him, got in front of him and slowed way down and forced him so stop," said Sgt. Brent Stalker with the Fresno County Sheriff's Office. "One approached him at driver with a knife, held a knife to his face, the other pointed a gun from the passenger side."
The suspects then asked for the man's wallet and car keys and then took off. This left the man with his car, but no keys and an empty pocketbook..
Then back in Reedley, shortly before 6 a.m. another group of day laborers were standing in front of this apartment complex when a group of men jumped out of a car
"We don't have a whole lot they had bandanas over their face to hide their identity," said Lowery.
Police say comply and give the suspects whatever they ask for because no material item is worth your life.
reedley, parlier, local, stephanie stone
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County 46 min ago
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated 34 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced...
30 min ago