Thousands at Chuckchansi Stadium for July 4th
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- More than 11,000 people came out in their best red, white and blue attire to celebrate the nation's birthday, all while enjoying America's favorite pastime at Chukchansi Stadium.
"Make it a nice, fun day. It's July the 4th and free fireworks," said Jean Schwartz of Lemoore.
The 4th of July carries special meaning for Jean, who is stationed at Lemoore Naval Air Base. And while she was at Chukchansi Park to watch the Grizzlies take on the Sacramento River Cats, there was also another reason.
"I think the fireworks. I haven't seen fireworks in a while," said Jean.
And she was not the only one who came for the fireworks. Every year, Chukchansi Park puts on a free, 15 minute fireworks extravaganza said to be the biggest show in the Valley, and this year it did not disappoint one bit.
Although the hot weather was a concern for many, it did not keep people from turning out.
"The heat, it's incredible. It's very hot," said Michael visiting with his 2-year-old from Los Angeles. "Making sure he has a sippie cut. As long as it has ice water, he keeps drinking it," said Michael.
The misters on the concourse were also on full blast to help keep people cool.
local, carlos saucedo
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting 20 min ago
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances 1 min ago
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Madera man charged with murder faces unique...
19 min ago