Valley residents cool down at Shaver Lake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thursday was Independence Day but the long weekend is just getting underway. And folks are heading for the hills.
Action news reporter Gene Haagenson spent a day at Shaver Lake and shows us ,some ways some people are staying cool.
At Shaver Lake Friday there was a nice breeze on the beach and the water was an inviting 74 degrees. Folks from Fresno, Clovis and the Valley are sharing space with visitors from LA and around the world.
The lake was crowded with boats and jet skis. The sheriffs boat patrol was out on the lake keeping things safe and getting ready for Saturday when more boaters arrive to watch the annual fireworks show on the lake. Sheriffs patrolling the waters are warning visitors to be patient, especially after the show because getting boats out will take a long time.
shaver lake, local, gene haagenson
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover