Police investigate South Valley homicide
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a homicide in one South Valley home.
Tulare police were called to a home on Juliet and Denair in the City of Tulare and found one man dead. Homicide detectives with the Tulare Police Department spent much of Friday afternoon going in and out of the home.
Someone called police at around 11 a.m. When officers arrived, they found the body of a 69-year-old man inside, believed to be the home owner.
"We would just see him out a lot watering his lawn with his hose. He would go on walks a lot around the neighborhood, with a little kid in a stroller, maybe a grandson or a kid he took care of," said neighbor Deborah Cobb.
Neighbors described the victim as a nice man who lived alone and kept to himself.
"He was a real cool guy I thought because he was like an older man but then he always was on his motorcycle or riding a bike, walking," said Rocio Tapia, another neighbor.
At first, police were investigating this as a suspicious death but they now believe someone intentionally killed the man. Neighbors say police asked them if they heard any loud noises the night before, after they noticed a broken window.
"I'm pretty shocked because we moved here from Orange County, been here for about nine years and I never heard anything like that happen around here. So it's pretty scary," said Tapia.
And residents around the area say they have seen a lot of crime. They just never thought something like this would happen on their street. Police are not saying who may have committed the crime.
If you have any information on this case, you are asked to call the Tulare Police Department.
tulare, tulare county, homicide, local, carlos saucedo
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos