Police investigate South Valley homicide
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a homicide in one South Valley home.
Tulare police were called to a home on Juliet and Denair in the City of Tulare and found one man dead. Homicide detectives with the Tulare Police Department spent much of Friday afternoon going in and out of the home.
Someone called police at around 11 a.m. When officers arrived, they found the body of a 69-year-old man inside, believed to be the home owner.
"We would just see him out a lot watering his lawn with his hose. He would go on walks a lot around the neighborhood, with a little kid in a stroller, maybe a grandson or a kid he took care of," said neighbor Deborah Cobb.
Neighbors described the victim as a nice man who lived alone and kept to himself.
"He was a real cool guy I thought because he was like an older man but then he always was on his motorcycle or riding a bike, walking," said Rocio Tapia, another neighbor.
At first, police were investigating this as a suspicious death but they now believe someone intentionally killed the man. Neighbors say police asked them if they heard any loud noises the night before, after they noticed a broken window.
"I'm pretty shocked because we moved here from Orange County, been here for about nine years and I never heard anything like that happen around here. So it's pretty scary," said Tapia.
And residents around the area say they have seen a lot of crime. They just never thought something like this would happen on their street. Police are not saying who may have committed the crime.
If you have any information on this case, you are asked to call the Tulare Police Department.
tulare, tulare county, homicide, local, carlos saucedo
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 16 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'