Deadly shooting at homeless encampment
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police say three men walked up to a homeless camp and shot a man to death Friday night.
The shooting happened around 10:15 p.m. in a homeless camp near the Poverello House in Downtown Fresno.
Police say the victim was found dead in a tent. Another man in his 40s was also shot. He was at the hospital to be treated for his shoulder injury. It's not clear yet what lead up to the shooting. All police will say so far is three men in hoodies walked up to the homeless camp and began firing.
"The information that we're getting is that some people in the encampment returned fire at the people in the hoodies," said Fresno Police Lt. Joe Gomez. "After the shooting they left, possibly in a green Saturn."
The victims have not been identified, and so far no one has been arrested for the murder.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local, rick montanez
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama