Suspected gas leak at Fulton Mall causes evacs
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An entire city block was evacuated because of a natural gas leak.
The old JC Penny building in Down Town Fresno at the Fulton Mall caught on fire just before 5:30 a.m. Fire officials, hazmat and PG&E crews responded to the fire. Firefighters were told to exit the building, and the Grizzlies Stadium was evacuated, while crews checked out the leak.
The fire is said to be out and copper wire theft was believed to be the cause.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder 18 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry