Suspected gas leak at Fulton Mall causes evacs
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An entire city block was evacuated because of a natural gas leak.
The old JC Penny building in Down Town Fresno at the Fulton Mall caught on fire just before 5:30 a.m. Fire officials, hazmat and PG&E crews responded to the fire. Firefighters were told to exit the building, and the Grizzlies Stadium was evacuated, while crews checked out the leak.
The fire is said to be out and copper wire theft was believed to be the cause.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals