Domestic dispute call leads to officer involved shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say they responded to a call for a domestic dispute near on Fourth and Woodward around 7 p.m.
When officers arrived they heard screams coming from the house and saw a man in his late twenties holding a woman in a chokehold. Officers say he was holding a gun in each hand, and pointing them at the woman's head and his own head.
That is when police shot the suspect. He later died at Community Regional Medical Center.
"We have no doubt that absent the immediate actions of these officers perhaps that female would have been shot and killed tonight," said Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer.
Dyer says the woman was not injured in the incident but was extremely distraught. He also tells us the suspect has a criminal record and was previously arrested within the week and recently released.
Stay with action news and abc30.com for updates on this breaking news.
fresno, fresno county, officer involved shooting, fresno southeast, local
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- California farmers to get more water 43 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Accuweather Forecast
11 min ago