Firefighters responded to a house fire on Bailey Street in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The fire started just after midnight Saturday, on Bailey Street near Tulare and Minnewawa.
Fire crews say the couple living in the house called 911 when they saw smoke and flames coming from their garage. Firefighters showed up minutes later and found the garage burning and flames that were spreading to the house. Fire crews say it was a tough fire to fight, one that took a lot of extra effort.
"In essence a lot of work for this fire, and are firefighter are kind of taxed," said Battalion Chief Ron Stogdell. " We have has quit a few fires in the last few days, and that why we brought in a lot of firefighters out, to make sure we get the fire out as best we can."
Firefighters were able to rescue the couples dog. Damages are estimated at $150,000 no word yet on what caused the fire.
fresno, fresno county, local
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses