Valley residents send cards to fallen firefighters
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Valley residents are showing their support for the fallen firefighters by sending cards and letters to their families.
The wives of local hotshots collected the personal notes at Fresno's River Park shopping center Sunday. They also had a booth at the Clovis Farmer's Market on Friday.
So far they have gathered more than 110 cards to send to the families in Arizona. One of the wives says she got the idea from a friend who lost his cousin to a wildland fire.
He explained how much personal letters meant to him in the wake of that tragedy.
fresno, arizona, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos