Valley residents send cards to fallen firefighters
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Valley residents are showing their support for the fallen firefighters by sending cards and letters to their families.
The wives of local hotshots collected the personal notes at Fresno's River Park shopping center Sunday. They also had a booth at the Clovis Farmer's Market on Friday.
So far they have gathered more than 110 cards to send to the families in Arizona. One of the wives says she got the idea from a friend who lost his cousin to a wildland fire.
He explained how much personal letters meant to him in the wake of that tragedy.
fresno, arizona, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years