Missing plane, from December flight, found in Yosemite
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A plane and pilot that went missing in December have been found in Yosemite.
The body of Nicol Wilson was discovered by a hiker over the weekend -- still inside his small plane. A hiker found the plane near Vogelsang High Sierra Camp, which is in the rugged high country part Yosemite National Park.
Wilson took off from the Santa Ynez Valley Airport, Northwest of Santa Barbara, on December 17th. When he did not arrive in Mammoth Lakes, his wife reported him missing.
Despite an extensive search at the time, the crash was not discovered until last weekend.
yosemite national park, mariposa county, plane crash, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather