Missing plane, from December flight, found in Yosemite
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A plane and pilot that went missing in December have been found in Yosemite.
The body of Nicol Wilson was discovered by a hiker over the weekend -- still inside his small plane. A hiker found the plane near Vogelsang High Sierra Camp, which is in the rugged high country part Yosemite National Park.
Wilson took off from the Santa Ynez Valley Airport, Northwest of Santa Barbara, on December 17th. When he did not arrive in Mammoth Lakes, his wife reported him missing.
Despite an extensive search at the time, the crash was not discovered until last weekend.
yosemite national park, mariposa county, plane crash, local
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 7 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- States sue over California's egg laws 20 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt