Sups postponed Gunner Ranch West vote in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tuesday afternoon, Madera County supervisors decided to hold off on making a decision on the Gunner Ranch West project after several groups expressed concerns it would put a strain on the area's water supply.
Gunner Ranch West would bring nearly 3,000 new homes and businesses to an area just north of Children's Hospital, near Highway 41 and Avenue 9.
The board of supervisors says it needs time to do more analysis before giving the project a green light.
Tuesday's hearing will continue at a meeting scheduled for September 17th.
madera county, madera, local, linda mumma
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident