Victims in Visalia double homicide identified
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people are dead following a murder in Northwest Visalia.
The homicide happened on Damsen Avenue just West of Demaree Street.
Authorities say the victims were the intended targets by their killer and that the crime was a deliberate act. Action News has learned the victims are a couple named Marie Rogers and Jerry Murillo. Neighbors say the two were quiet, nice and lived at the home with their dogs. Friends and neighbors say Murillo has been in trouble with the law in the past and has been in and out of jail.
Officers first got wind of the double murder at around 10:30 a.m. Friday when a woman called 911. The woman is being considered a witness. When officers got to the crime scene they found the couple dead but will not say how they died.
"We need to locate any and all witnesses we need to locate evidence obviously our crime lab is out here they're doing their job," said Sgt. Ozzie Dominguez with the Visalia Police Department.
"I know they've been together she was a school teacher that's how she met him," said one of the victims friends, Anya Garcia.
Detectives spent most of the day interviewing the woman who called 911 and reported the crime. Police are still tracking down leads but they need some help from the public.
They are asking anyone with information to call them.
visalia, tulare county, homicide, crimetracker, local, jessica peres
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno 24 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos