Wellspring Academy to close
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The country's first weight loss boarding school, located in the Valley is closing.
Wellspring Academy opened its facility for teens back in 2004 under the name Academy Of The Sierras. Staff members said good bye to their last student on Friday.
The director of operations blames the economy for the closure, saying less people were able to afford the service. Company officials say it was a difficult decision, but one they had to make..
In its nine years, the staff estimates they helped nearly 1,000 teens.
central valley, local
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm 44 min ago
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Accuweather Forecast
37 min ago