Visalia police arrest suspects in double murder case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia police have arrested two suspects in a double murder case.
The bodies of a man and woman were found inside this house at Damsen and Demaree Friday morning. Saturday afternoon officers found a vehicle connected to the case and were then led to a nearby City Coach bus.
They stopped the bus and arrested 21-year-old Adrian Castillon and 30-year-old Ray Garcia on homicide charges. In a news conference earlier Saturday the police chief said she could not release the victims identities or how they were killed, but said the murders were not a random act.
"I feel the public needs to know that so there is a sense of calm so that we don't have a homicidal suspect out there running around," said Visalia Police Chief Colleen Mestas.
Visalia police are also investigating a murder-suicide case that happened Friday. Authorities say 19-year-old Celina Simone Lopez was shot and killed inside her car at the La Quinta Inn by her 25-year-old ex-boyfriend Carlos Navarro.
Witnesses said Navarro drove to the other side of the parking lot and then shot himself.
visalia, tulare county, murder, crimetracker, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe