Visalia police arrest suspects in double murder case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia police have arrested two suspects in a double murder case.
The bodies of a man and woman were found inside this house at Damsen and Demaree Friday morning. Saturday afternoon officers found a vehicle connected to the case and were then led to a nearby City Coach bus.
They stopped the bus and arrested 21-year-old Adrian Castillon and 30-year-old Ray Garcia on homicide charges. In a news conference earlier Saturday the police chief said she could not release the victims identities or how they were killed, but said the murders were not a random act.
"I feel the public needs to know that so there is a sense of calm so that we don't have a homicidal suspect out there running around," said Visalia Police Chief Colleen Mestas.
Visalia police are also investigating a murder-suicide case that happened Friday. Authorities say 19-year-old Celina Simone Lopez was shot and killed inside her car at the La Quinta Inn by her 25-year-old ex-boyfriend Carlos Navarro.
Witnesses said Navarro drove to the other side of the parking lot and then shot himself.
visalia, tulare county, murder, crimetracker, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions