Visalia police arrest suspects in double murder case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia police have arrested two suspects in a double murder case.
The bodies of a man and woman were found inside this house at Damsen and Demaree Friday morning. Saturday afternoon officers found a vehicle connected to the case and were then led to a nearby City Coach bus.
They stopped the bus and arrested 21-year-old Adrian Castillon and 30-year-old Ray Garcia on homicide charges. In a news conference earlier Saturday the police chief said she could not release the victims identities or how they were killed, but said the murders were not a random act.
"I feel the public needs to know that so there is a sense of calm so that we don't have a homicidal suspect out there running around," said Visalia Police Chief Colleen Mestas.
Visalia police are also investigating a murder-suicide case that happened Friday. Authorities say 19-year-old Celina Simone Lopez was shot and killed inside her car at the La Quinta Inn by her 25-year-old ex-boyfriend Carlos Navarro.
Witnesses said Navarro drove to the other side of the parking lot and then shot himself.
visalia, tulare county, murder, crimetracker, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery 43 min ago
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos