Suspects charged in murder of Visalia couple
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Prosecutors filed charges late Tuesday against two men accused of murdering a Visalia couple Friday July 12.
The suspects are Adrian Castillon and Reyes Garcia.
The suspects made their first court appearance Tuesday as they each plead not guilty to murder, burglary and robbery counts.
Castillon and Garcia are facing two counts of murder with special allegations they committed multiple murders, committed murder during a burglary and that they committed murder during a robbery.
The suspects are accused of robbing and murdering 59-year-old Marie Rogers and 58-year-old Jerry Murillo last Friday at the couple's home. The pair was caught the next day on a Visalia city bus after they ditched a stolen car related to the crime.
According to the Tulare County District Attorney's Office, Adrian Castillon is also facing three counts of commercial burglary for thefts from a Wal-Mart, Target and Tachi Palace between June 7 and 8. He is also facing another robbery charge from June 25.
With the special allegations along with the murder charges the two suspects could be facing the death penalty, if convicted of the crimes. Castillon and Garcia will be back in court later in July for another hearing on the charges.
crimetracker, visalia, tulare county, murder, local, jessica peres
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba 56 min ago
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash