New images from Manchester Mall shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News got first look at pictures and video from inside Manchester Center right before the shooting that paralyzed a Fresno woman in March.
The attempted murder trial against Reginald Taylor started Thursday morning. The shooting happened in full view of a sports store right across the mall. The manager of that store cried as she identified Taylor as the shooter -- both in court and in video from her store.
The two men in this surveillance video from inside the Manchester Mall were simply sports shop customers at the time. But four months later, Reginald Taylor is on trial for attempted murder and the video is critical evidence in the case against him.
It shows two men walking through a sports store just minutes before Taylor is accused of opening fire at a barber shop across the mall.
Action News was not allowed to show you the store manager on the witness stand, but she broke down in nervous tears as she testified that she saw Taylor point a gun and shoot into the barber shop.
Prosecutors say Taylor and Abel Price had just fought with one of the barbers, Ronnie Moore. A picture from inside the barber shop shows Moore holding Price in a headlock. But after the fight ended, prosecutors say Taylor came back with a gun to retaliate.
His shots missed Moore, but one hit a woman in the back, lodging in her spine and paralyzing her from the waist down. The shooter got away before police arrived, but investigators identified Taylor and Price from the video and tracked them to Eureka, where they were arrested a week later.
Taylor's trial is expected to last about a week. He's facing life in prison if he's convicted.
fresno, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 16 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east