New images from Manchester Mall shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News got first look at pictures and video from inside Manchester Center right before the shooting that paralyzed a Fresno woman in March.
The attempted murder trial against Reginald Taylor started Thursday morning. The shooting happened in full view of a sports store right across the mall. The manager of that store cried as she identified Taylor as the shooter -- both in court and in video from her store.
The two men in this surveillance video from inside the Manchester Mall were simply sports shop customers at the time. But four months later, Reginald Taylor is on trial for attempted murder and the video is critical evidence in the case against him.
It shows two men walking through a sports store just minutes before Taylor is accused of opening fire at a barber shop across the mall.
Action News was not allowed to show you the store manager on the witness stand, but she broke down in nervous tears as she testified that she saw Taylor point a gun and shoot into the barber shop.
Prosecutors say Taylor and Abel Price had just fought with one of the barbers, Ronnie Moore. A picture from inside the barber shop shows Moore holding Price in a headlock. But after the fight ended, prosecutors say Taylor came back with a gun to retaliate.
His shots missed Moore, but one hit a woman in the back, lodging in her spine and paralyzing her from the waist down. The shooter got away before police arrived, but investigators identified Taylor and Price from the video and tracked them to Eureka, where they were arrested a week later.
Taylor's trial is expected to last about a week. He's facing life in prison if he's convicted.
fresno, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno 45 min ago
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 10 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 22 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 4 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge 37 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos