Four people injured in a North Valley shooting
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four people were injured and one was left in critical condition after someone opened fire on the car they were riding in.
The shooting happened Friday morning near Yosemite Avenue and Cleveland in Madera.
The driver of a Red Honda Civic made it several miles to Madera Community Hospital after he and three passengers were shot at the intersection of Cleveland and Yosemite.
"The victims vehicle was traveling Southbound on Cleveland when an unknown black vehicle, compact pulled up alongside the right side of the vehicle and fired several shots into the victims vehicle, hitting all four passengers," said Johnnie Smith with the Madera Police Department.
For several hours, while crime scene processors collected evidence, incoming patients were diverted to another entrance while detectives looked for clues.
Madera police believe the violence was in retaliation for another homicide earlier this year. Officers say the victims are all adults.
The shooting happened just before 10 a.m. Friday, near an apartment complex and shopping center. Several other cars were in the area at the time.
Officers are hoping to collect additional evidence at the crime scene to solve the case.
"We've canvassed the area for witnesses, video and other evidence, and it's an ongoing investigation at this time," Smith said.
Investigators say one man in the car had critical wounds and was taken to Community Regional Medical Center. So far, police have no suspects and only vague descriptions of them.
madera, madera county, north valley, shooting, local, sontaya rose
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers 48 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos