Four people injured in a North Valley shooting
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four people were injured and one was left in critical condition after someone opened fire on the car they were riding in.
The shooting happened Friday morning near Yosemite Avenue and Cleveland in Madera.
The driver of a Red Honda Civic made it several miles to Madera Community Hospital after he and three passengers were shot at the intersection of Cleveland and Yosemite.
"The victims vehicle was traveling Southbound on Cleveland when an unknown black vehicle, compact pulled up alongside the right side of the vehicle and fired several shots into the victims vehicle, hitting all four passengers," said Johnnie Smith with the Madera Police Department.
For several hours, while crime scene processors collected evidence, incoming patients were diverted to another entrance while detectives looked for clues.
Madera police believe the violence was in retaliation for another homicide earlier this year. Officers say the victims are all adults.
The shooting happened just before 10 a.m. Friday, near an apartment complex and shopping center. Several other cars were in the area at the time.
Officers are hoping to collect additional evidence at the crime scene to solve the case.
"We've canvassed the area for witnesses, video and other evidence, and it's an ongoing investigation at this time," Smith said.
Investigators say one man in the car had critical wounds and was taken to Community Regional Medical Center. So far, police have no suspects and only vague descriptions of them.
madera, madera county, north valley, shooting, local, sontaya rose
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane 42 min ago
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase