19-year-old in critical condition after Northeast Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are searching for a group of party crashers who shot at a house on Bond and Alluvial, critically injuring a 19-year-old girl.
The shooting is a top priority for Fresno police detectives. The shooter or shooters have not been arrested but police are tracking several leads.
Action News has learned the victim is 19-year-old Paris Turner, a student at Fresno City College. Police say after the shooting Turner was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno with very critical injuries.
The shooting happened Saturday at around 2:05 a.m. neighbors said they heard at least four gunshots. Police said the shots came from a group of uninvited guests at the house party in Northeast Fresno.
Investigators say they are not sure what lead up to the shooting, but they know the suspects shot at the house from outside.
Neighbors did not want to talk on camera, but said they are stunned by the shooting. They say there have been parties on the street before but none have ever gotten out of hand.
Police say the 19-year-old girl who was shot lives at the house where the shooting occurred. They also say it is too early to know whether the shooting is gang-related.
Detectives are following up on leads including whether posts on social media may have brought the party crashers to the house early Saturday morning.
Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to call Fresno police right away.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, shooting, local, rick montanez
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases