Grass fire at Hwy 41 quickly contained
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Grass fire shut down part of Highway 41 Sunday.
The flames broke out just before 3 p.m. Sunday. The CHP closed both directions of Highway 41 at Road 200 for about an hour.
Cal Fire crews quickly got control of the blaze, which burned about five acres. Cal Fire said the fire started as a few small fires, which merged into one. There is no word yet on the cause.
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified