Grass fire at Hwy 41 quickly contained
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Grass fire shut down part of Highway 41 Sunday.
The flames broke out just before 3 p.m. Sunday. The CHP closed both directions of Highway 41 at Road 200 for about an hour.
Cal Fire crews quickly got control of the blaze, which burned about five acres. Cal Fire said the fire started as a few small fires, which merged into one. There is no word yet on the cause.
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times