Water rates to increase for some in Tulare County
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two small Tulare County communities will see their water rates go up while others will remain the same.
The Tulare County supervisors voted four-to-one approving the measure. People who live in the unincorporated areas of Tonyville and Tooleville protested the increase, so their water bills won't go up. However, people in Yettem and Delft Colony will see a hike of about 10%.
Supervisors say the county is still fronting a lot of the water and sewer costs for most of the low income communities.
tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe