Water rates to increase for some in Tulare County
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two small Tulare County communities will see their water rates go up while others will remain the same.
The Tulare County supervisors voted four-to-one approving the measure. People who live in the unincorporated areas of Tonyville and Tooleville protested the increase, so their water bills won't go up. However, people in Yettem and Delft Colony will see a hike of about 10%.
Supervisors say the county is still fronting a lot of the water and sewer costs for most of the low income communities.
tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos