3 men face felony vandalism charges at Atwater HS
ATWATER, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three young men are facing felony vandalism charges, after police say they went on a rampage at Atwater High School.
The suspects are identified as Joseph Moles, Ryan Trindade, and Jacob Gottschall. Surveillance video shows the vandals walking around the campus Sunday night.
Investigators say they smashed several computers on the ground and shattered the windshield of a truck. They also flipped over several tables full of plants in the green house, and pushed a large metal trailer into a canal behind the campus.
Officials say two of the suspects are former Atwater High students.
Atwater High Associate Principal Paul Bristow said, "This type of crime is very frustrating because it's not where they're going to get a profit from it, it was just total destruction."
Most of the mess is now cleaned up, but the estimated cost to replace or repair the damage is more than $3,000.00.
crimetracker, atwater, merced county, local, sara sandrik
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases