3 men face felony vandalism charges at Atwater HS
ATWATER, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three young men are facing felony vandalism charges, after police say they went on a rampage at Atwater High School.
The suspects are identified as Joseph Moles, Ryan Trindade, and Jacob Gottschall. Surveillance video shows the vandals walking around the campus Sunday night.
Investigators say they smashed several computers on the ground and shattered the windshield of a truck. They also flipped over several tables full of plants in the green house, and pushed a large metal trailer into a canal behind the campus.
Officials say two of the suspects are former Atwater High students.
Atwater High Associate Principal Paul Bristow said, "This type of crime is very frustrating because it's not where they're going to get a profit from it, it was just total destruction."
Most of the mess is now cleaned up, but the estimated cost to replace or repair the damage is more than $3,000.00.
crimetracker, atwater, merced county, local, sara sandrik
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos