Former Lemoore sailor faces child molestation charges
LEMOORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Lemoore sailor was extradited to the Kings County jail, after allegations of sexual molestation against a minor surfaced.
Joshua Moon, 30, is from Nevada, he was brought to the Kings County jail, after sheriff's investigators received a child abuse report from the Lyons County in central Nevada.
"It indicated that a molest or an assault had occurred," said Assistant Sheriff Dave Putnam. "And the information that was divulged in the report is that it occurred in 2010 at the Lemoore Naval Air Station."
Kings County detectives went to Nevada to investigate the allegations, and determined the alleged molestation happened on multiple occasions, over a yearlong period in 2010. The female victim was just 5-years-old at the time.
Putnam said, "We were able to confirm through Navy records that he indeed lived on the base here in Kings County and that he was an active duty Navy personnel at the time."
After a lengthy six week investigation by Kings County detectives, an arrest warrant was issued for Moon, out of California.
Moon was arrested last week, and brought to the Kings County jail. He is also accused of physically abusing a then 9-year-old boy.
Putnam added, "Obviously he's facing a very long prison term if the allegations against him are proven."
crimetracker, sex crimes, lemoore naval air station, kings county, lemoore, local, carlos saucedo
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 12 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations