Houston police officer injured in crash on North Freeway
HOUSTON -- A Houston police officer is out of the hospital after he was hit by his own patrol car during a traffic stop in north Houston.
Police say senior officer Dean Stark had a driver, Antonio, Chimeo, pulled over on the North Freeway near Airline when a suspected drunk driver, identified as 28-year-old Daniel Perez, plowed into the patrol car. The patrol car hit Chimeo's vehicle as well as Officer Stark.
DWI charges are pending against Perez.
"It appears the officer was struck by his own vehicle," said Sgt. Tim Trometer with the Houston Police Department. "He was transported to the hospital, but it appears his injuries appear to be minor."
Both Chimeo and Officer Stark have been released from the hospital.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, sonia azad
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos