Houston police officer injured in crash on North Freeway
HOUSTON -- A Houston police officer is out of the hospital after he was hit by his own patrol car during a traffic stop in north Houston.
Police say senior officer Dean Stark had a driver, Antonio, Chimeo, pulled over on the North Freeway near Airline when a suspected drunk driver, identified as 28-year-old Daniel Perez, plowed into the patrol car. The patrol car hit Chimeo's vehicle as well as Officer Stark.
DWI charges are pending against Perez.
"It appears the officer was struck by his own vehicle," said Sgt. Tim Trometer with the Houston Police Department. "He was transported to the hospital, but it appears his injuries appear to be minor."
Both Chimeo and Officer Stark have been released from the hospital.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, sonia azad
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 20 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Accuweather Forecast
39 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos