Houston police officer injured in crash on North Freeway
HOUSTON -- A Houston police officer is out of the hospital after he was hit by his own patrol car during a traffic stop in north Houston.
Police say senior officer Dean Stark had a driver, Antonio, Chimeo, pulled over on the North Freeway near Airline when a suspected drunk driver, identified as 28-year-old Daniel Perez, plowed into the patrol car. The patrol car hit Chimeo's vehicle as well as Officer Stark.
DWI charges are pending against Perez.
"It appears the officer was struck by his own vehicle," said Sgt. Tim Trometer with the Houston Police Department. "He was transported to the hospital, but it appears his injuries appear to be minor."
Both Chimeo and Officer Stark have been released from the hospital.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, sonia azad
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 41 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 57 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
45 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos