Man dies after hit by train in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are trying to determine why a man wandered into the railroad tracks in Downtown Fresno before being hit by a freight train.
The man was killed at the rail crossing at Ventura and G Street, just before 1 a.m. Saturday. The crossing arms were down at the time, and the lights were working properly.
Investigators do not believe the incident was a suicide.
They say the conductor honked the horn as the train approached the intersection, but the man appeared not to notice the train moving toward him.
The victim's name has not been released. The man has only been described as an Asian male in his 30's.
Stay with Action News and abc30.com for any updates.
fresno, fresno downtown, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases