Man dies after hit by train in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are trying to determine why a man wandered into the railroad tracks in Downtown Fresno before being hit by a freight train.
The man was killed at the rail crossing at Ventura and G Street, just before 1 a.m. Saturday. The crossing arms were down at the time, and the lights were working properly.
Investigators do not believe the incident was a suicide.
They say the conductor honked the horn as the train approached the intersection, but the man appeared not to notice the train moving toward him.
The victim's name has not been released. The man has only been described as an Asian male in his 30's.
Stay with Action News and abc30.com for any updates.
fresno, fresno downtown, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 51 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos