Man dies after hit by train in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are trying to determine why a man wandered into the railroad tracks in Downtown Fresno before being hit by a freight train.
The man was killed at the rail crossing at Ventura and G Street, just before 1 a.m. Saturday. The crossing arms were down at the time, and the lights were working properly.
Investigators do not believe the incident was a suicide.
They say the conductor honked the horn as the train approached the intersection, but the man appeared not to notice the train moving toward him.
The victim's name has not been released. The man has only been described as an Asian male in his 30's.
Stay with Action News and abc30.com for any updates.
fresno, fresno downtown, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos