Disturbing assault in Sanger has neighbors on edge
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Sanger Police are looking for the man who they say assaulted an elderly woman and then escaped from the scene.
The attack happened in a neighborhood near J Street and 2nd street.
Neighbors say they are scared because it is not the first time in the past few months that an assault has happened. The elderly have been targeted in their own homes. Neighbors are worrying about their own safety after an assault which hurt an elderly woman.
"It's really sad because this is supposed to be a safe haven for our families and you hear this and it's really bad for us," the victims neighbor Linda Rogers said.
Rogers says she is shocked anyone would hurt the woman who she describes as being in her 70's. This is not the first time an elderly person has been attacked in the area. Over the past year Rogers says criminals have attacked three different elderly victims in the complex.
"It's just kind of disturbing that people would look for people who are innocent and take advantage of them," said Sgt. Greg Velasquez with Sanger Police.
Sanger police got the call about an assault at about 8:30 Sunday morning. They say a Hispanic man hurt the older woman inside her home. Neighbors say they saw the woman come out of her house bleeding.
"It makes us really mad because it happens to certain people who can't protect themselves," Rogers said.
Officers are not releasing many details about the assault at this time, but they are asking anyone in the area who may have seen something suspicious to call police.
sanger, local, mariana jacob
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 13 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Accuweather Forecast
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos