Pedestrian hit by several vehicles on Fresno freeway
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after a person was hit and killed by several vehicles in Central Fresno.
The incident happened shortly before 11 p.m. Sunday on the on-ramp from southbound Highway 99 to eastbound Highway 180.
CHP officials say a total of three vehicles hit a pedestrian. That person, who has not been identified, died at the scene.
Authorities say it's unclear how the victim ended up on the highway. "We do not know how the pedestrian came to be on those traffic lanes. There is no crosswalk or anything of that sort at that location," said Jose Nunez, California Highway Patrol.
Authorities say the drivers of all three vehicles stopped to help with the investigation and no charges are expected to be filed.
The onramp involved in the accident was closed for hours, but has since been reopened.
fresno, fresno county, fresno central, accident, local
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police 38 min ago
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign 13 min ago
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos