North Fork man allegedly tries to bury stolen car
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities said they saw a bulldozer and found a 2013 Ford Focus reported stolen out of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The Madera County Sheriff office said they received a tip from an anonymous caller who said a resident on Wyle Ranch Road was trying to bury a stolen car. A deputy reported that the car had been stripped of its tires, door panels, and parts of the dashboard.
Deputies arrested 35-year old Shane Anthony Shaffer of North Fork. Shaffer, who claims the car was left on his property by a friend, was booked into the Madera County Department of Corrections for possession of stolen property. His bail set at $10,000.
north fork, madera county, crimetracker, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts 8 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 17 min ago
- Who will be Mayor?
- Fresno shopping cart crackdown to cut crime?
8 min ago