Police: Drunk teen crashes car into bayou on Houston's south side, killing passenger
HOUSTON -- A 19-year-old driver plunged into a bayou on the south side of Houston early Sunday, killing one passenger and injuring another, and police say he was drunk.
It happened around 3:15am in the 9700 block of Bellfort Street. According to the Houston Police Department, George Marion was driving a silver Nissan west on Bellfort at a high rate of speed when he lost control, went into a median and struck a pipe on the bridge. The car then flew across the bayou and into a culvert.
No other vehicles were involved. Marion had at least two passengers in the car with him, police said. One person died at the scene. Another was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital in unknown condition. It's unclear whether Marion was injured.
Authorities said Marion was intoxicated at the time of the crash. He will be charged with intoxication manslaughter and intoxication assault.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts 18 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 27 min ago
- Who will be Mayor?
- Fresno shopping cart crackdown to cut crime?
18 min ago