Police: Drunk teen crashes car into bayou on Houston's south side, killing passenger
HOUSTON -- A 19-year-old driver plunged into a bayou on the south side of Houston early Sunday, killing one passenger and injuring another, and police say he was drunk.
It happened around 3:15am in the 9700 block of Bellfort Street. According to the Houston Police Department, George Marion was driving a silver Nissan west on Bellfort at a high rate of speed when he lost control, went into a median and struck a pipe on the bridge. The car then flew across the bayou and into a culvert.
No other vehicles were involved. Marion had at least two passengers in the car with him, police said. One person died at the scene. Another was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital in unknown condition. It's unclear whether Marion was injured.
Authorities said Marion was intoxicated at the time of the crash. He will be charged with intoxication manslaughter and intoxication assault.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 26 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 23 min ago
- Yonhap: Captain of sunken SKorean ferry arrested 35 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River