Man found gunned down on sidewalk at apartment complex
HOUSTON -- Police are investigating how a man's body ended up on a sidewalk of an apartment complex in southwest Houston. Officers discovered the victim with one deadly gunshot wound.
Authorities were called to the complex along Beltway 8 and Bissonnet around 7:30pm. Neighbors called 911 after hearing gunshots.
Investigators believe the man lived at the complex and was discovered near his unit.
"All we have is that witnesses heard what appeared to be a firecracker and that's all we have," said Detective Ivan Ulloa with the Houston Police Homicide Division.
At this point, police do not have any suspects or a motive in the shooting.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow 12 min ago
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland