Firefighters extinguish blaze at plant in southeast Harris County
LA PORTE, TX -- Crews spent Monday afternoont fighting a plant fire in southeast Harris County.
According to officials, a fire broke out around 3:15pm at the OxyVinyls plant on Battleground Road in La Porte. Authorities tell us the fire was in their master switch yard.
Plant official Dave Dorko says there was an electrical failure at the plant that resulted in the fire. A contractor vehicle was close to the flames and also caught on fire.
Firefighters first had to make sure there was no power on in the area of the plant where the fire was burning before they could even fight it. The blaze was tapped out around 5pm.
There were no reports of injuries or outside damage.
The cause of the initial power failure is unknown.
We have a crew at the scene and will keep you updated on Eyewitness News and abc13.com as new details come into the newsroom.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety