Houston man dies after vehicle goes into Fulshear lake
FULSHEAR, TX -- A Houston man is dead after a vehicle he was in plunged into a lake in Fulshear last night.
At around 9:15pm, the Fulshear Police Department got a call from a witness who says the vehicle went into a lake near the intersection of South Fry Road and Cross Creek Bend. When officers got there, they noticed residents in the water trying to get to the occupant.
Deputies with the Ft. Bend County Sheriff's Office swam to the submerged vehicle and tried to locate the driver, but weren't able to find anyone.
The Richmond Fire Department's dive team went in and found the body of Juan Ortiz-Rodriguez, 22.
Witnesses say the vehicle Ortiz-Rodriguez was in was traveling at a high rate of speed, went through an intersection, jumped a curb and went into the lake. One witness says they saw someone splashing around in the water afterwards, but then went under.
Ortiz-Rodriguez's body was taken to the Galveston County medical examiner's office for an autopsy.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years