Houston man dies after vehicle goes into Fulshear lake
FULSHEAR, TX -- A Houston man is dead after a vehicle he was in plunged into a lake in Fulshear last night.
At around 9:15pm, the Fulshear Police Department got a call from a witness who says the vehicle went into a lake near the intersection of South Fry Road and Cross Creek Bend. When officers got there, they noticed residents in the water trying to get to the occupant.
Deputies with the Ft. Bend County Sheriff's Office swam to the submerged vehicle and tried to locate the driver, but weren't able to find anyone.
The Richmond Fire Department's dive team went in and found the body of Juan Ortiz-Rodriguez, 22.
Witnesses say the vehicle Ortiz-Rodriguez was in was traveling at a high rate of speed, went through an intersection, jumped a curb and went into the lake. One witness says they saw someone splashing around in the water afterwards, but then went under.
Ortiz-Rodriguez's body was taken to the Galveston County medical examiner's office for an autopsy.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- Accuweather Forecast
46 min ago