Memorial services set for George P. Mitchell
GALVESTON, TX -- Memorial services have been set for the man who helped found The Woodlands and revitalize his hometown of Galveston.
Billionaire philanthropist George P. Mitchell will be remembered 5:30 p.m. August 6 in a special service in Galveston at Trinity Episcopal Church. Following the service, a tribute will be held at 7pm at Saengerfest Park, 23rd and Strand.
On August 8, another tribute is planned at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. The Houston Symphony will perform a tribute concert that begins at 7:30pm.
The Mitchell family requests that, in lieu of flowers, donations be made in George P. Mitchell's memory to the Galveston Sustainable Communities Alliance, Galveston Island Nature Tourism Council, the Galveston Academic Excellence Booster Club, or a preferred not-for-profit organization that supports strong communities, environmental sustainability, or educational initiatives.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 16 min ago
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier 33 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes