Memorial services set for George P. Mitchell
GALVESTON, TX -- Memorial services have been set for the man who helped found The Woodlands and revitalize his hometown of Galveston.
Billionaire philanthropist George P. Mitchell will be remembered 5:30 p.m. August 6 in a special service in Galveston at Trinity Episcopal Church. Following the service, a tribute will be held at 7pm at Saengerfest Park, 23rd and Strand.
On August 8, another tribute is planned at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. The Houston Symphony will perform a tribute concert that begins at 7:30pm.
The Mitchell family requests that, in lieu of flowers, donations be made in George P. Mitchell's memory to the Galveston Sustainable Communities Alliance, Galveston Island Nature Tourism Council, the Galveston Academic Excellence Booster Club, or a preferred not-for-profit organization that supports strong communities, environmental sustainability, or educational initiatives.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos