Concert benefit for firefighters raises more than $100,000
HOUSTON -- A concert aimed at helping injured firefighters and their families raised more than $100,000 over the weekend.
The organization Firefighters Helping Firefighters estimates between 4,000 and 5,000 people came out to the Concert For Heroes at Discovery Green Sunday.
All the proceeds will go to help four firefighters injured in the deadly Southwest Inn fire back in May.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 1 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos