Child playing with lighter starts fire in Clovis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A fire damaged 13 units at the Scottsmen Apartments on Willow and Gettysburg avenues Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters say the fire was reported about 2:40 p.m. A preliminary estimate put the damage at about $1 million.
Officials say a child with a lighter started the fire, and the child's delay in reporting the fire contributed to the spread of the blaze.
According to fire officials, about 15 to 30 people were displaced by the fire.
fresno county, clovis, fire, local, mariana jacob
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 42 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers