Child playing with lighter starts fire in Clovis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A fire damaged 13 units at the Scottsmen Apartments on Willow and Gettysburg avenues Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters say the fire was reported about 2:40 p.m. A preliminary estimate put the damage at about $1 million.
Officials say a child with a lighter started the fire, and the child's delay in reporting the fire contributed to the spread of the blaze.
According to fire officials, about 15 to 30 people were displaced by the fire.
fresno county, clovis, fire, local, mariana jacob
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos