Child playing with lighter starts fire in Clovis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A fire damaged 13 units at the Scottsmen Apartments on Willow and Gettysburg avenues Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters say the fire was reported about 2:40 p.m. A preliminary estimate put the damage at about $1 million.
Officials say a child with a lighter started the fire, and the child's delay in reporting the fire contributed to the spread of the blaze.
According to fire officials, about 15 to 30 people were displaced by the fire.
fresno county, clovis, fire, local, mariana jacob
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about